Information about the organization
Franciscan Action Network was formed in 2008 to serve as a collective Franciscan voice on public policy issues related to justice, peace, integrity of creation, and the dignity of human life. We are a 501(C)3 organization, located in Washington DC, with a small, collaborative staff serving a network of more than 50 Franciscan religious communities and more than 10,000 Franciscan-hearted individuals across the United States.
The Franciscan Action Network (FAN) seeks a full-time paid intern to work with us during summer 2023 on policy advocacy and on helping to organize an intergenerational conference for fall 2023. This internship will be an outstanding opportunity to sample the field of faith-based advocacy within a supportive and mentoring environment.
- Participating in policy advocacy on a defined set of issues, to include potentially climate/environment, economic justice, racial justice, and other issues
- Helping to plan an upcoming Franciscan Justice Leadership Conference
- Assisting with social media, communication, and development tasks as assigned as part of a small, collaborative team
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in social justice and in mobilization/organizing
- Willingness to learn about Franciscan spirituality and apply to work
- Strong multitasking abilitie
- Flexibility and willingness to work within a small, collaborative team
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching is a plus but not required
- Experience in social justice activities or campus ministry is a plus but not required
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay will be $20/hour.
This position is full-time and located in Washington DC. Some work may be done remotely, but intern must be available to attend regular meetings and other events in person. Reasonably priced temporary housing is available near our offices in the Brookland neighborhood of Washington DC. Starting and ending dates of the internship are flexible, and will be set by mutual agreement between the intern and the organization.